How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36113
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Can someone help me. I need some advice on what to do. I have

This answer was rated:

Can someone help me. I need some advice on what to do. I have a irrational anf severe fear of dying and the world ending. What should I do? It's taking over my life. I can't sleep and I randomly having thoughts about it all the time.
Hi. How long has this been going on and have you seen a doctor about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

On and off for a years, but over the past week it has been getting worse and I haven't no.

OK Auriol. How exactly can I help you with this?
Have you spoken to anyone about it--family, friends, etc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My family know I am scared of it and that it does terrify me. But not told anyone else. My family think it is stupid and I shouldnt think of it. But I can't help it.

Would you be willing to see a doctor about it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Perhaps. What could they do?

You need to see a clinical PhD psychologist who is trained in cognitive behavioral therapy.

It's a way of taking your irrational thoughts and fears and working on arguing against them until they no longer control your life.

It's very effective but you have to make the first step and ask for the help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Shall I go and see a doctor, because it is hard to do this in the UK and at my GP.

Where exactly do you live?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

In the North of England.

Yes but near what large town or city?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The largest city near me would be Sheffield.

I suggest you call this facility and arrange for a meeting with a therapist there
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, thank you. I will try them. Thank you very much for your help.

My pleasure but let me know how it goes and please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, I will let you know. Hopefully they will be able to help as it is a very bad fear.

I will keep you posted.

Thank you again.

I'm sure they will help