Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

Heeeeelp. I have had some skin changes recently. What do

Heeeeelp.
I have had some skin changes recently. What do I do. I am freaking out.
Hi--can you post a photo or, if not, tell me what's happening?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have developed more freckles and moles. I have little tags on my skin that are white and if I itch them they fall off. Also I have a blood spot on my palm and I have had a rash twice on the joining of my lower right arm and upper arm that keeps coming and going.

OK Auriol--has a doctor seen any of this?
And what does the rash look like?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, I have not been to a doctor. It is just like a few dots in the joint of my arm, it doesn't really itch.

The one on my palm is like a blood dot. It is small and when I press on it it goes white. Also my skin has been very itchy recently.

OK Auriol

None of this sounds at all serious to me.
Skin tags are totally benign and not at all worrisome

Extra moles and freckles also doesn't indicate anything serious

The dots on your arm sound like small areas of eczema and again nothing serious.

The blood dot that whitens when pressed is just a small hemagioma--a dilated blood vessel and that, too is nothing serious

So basically nothing about any of this to worry about

Let me know if you need any more information please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have also this like tingling and crawling sensation in my skin.

I was thrown from a horse back in February and I wondered if all of this could stem from that. It all started about a month of so after and hasn't gone away since.

Could this be related?

No, none of these would be related to the fall from the horse

The tingling sensation could be from anxiety but it could be from a kidney or liver problem so you should see your doctor for that and get some blood work done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had HIV tests done recently. I have never injected drugs but I did have a possible exposure over 12 months ago. I had a full STI check at the clinic last week. All has come back negative.

Can I rule out HIV? Could any problem with bloods, organs or whatever cause delayed seroconversion?

This isn't HIV or any other STD Auriol, I assure you of that

Please remember to rate my service to you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Could it be Hepatitis or something? I had other blood marks, only very tiny that came, but they have gone now. It's just the resident one on my palm. I have also had quite dry and flaky skin recently too.

No, this isn't hepatitis either.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What could it be, do you have any idea?

What could what be?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Any of the problems

I have noticed some muscle thinning aswell.

No, none of those are anything more than minor skin problems.

But if we're going to continue this discussion you need to accept the offer more time offer I've sent you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I accept it?

I'll send it to you again
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have viewed offer but nothing has come up.

You need to click on the offer accept icon
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try it.

OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't find accept offer.

Then let's do it this way--rate this answer and then I'll continue with the discussion
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, rated.

thanks--so what more do we need to discuss here Auriol?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do I do?

Do I need anymore blood tests?

Have you had any blood tests besides the ones for STD's?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, not had any done other than at the clinic for HIV and Syphilis.

That's why I was worried about Hepatitis or some other disorder.

Well again none of what you've told me strikes me as hepatitis or any other disorder but with the itching I would get blood work to look at your liver and kidney functions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay.

It all began around March time. I started having anxiety issues about possibility of HIV. I had the accident. I did bang my head and all the left side of my body, I don't know of this can do any damage. After I was thrown I had a nosebleed and then headaches.

It didn't last long. I thought maybe the tingling skin was from maybe an injury or damaged tissue.

My eyes have been on and off sore. They are bloodshot but not like normal. There are very faint red lines in the whites of my eyes. I thought again this could be due to the accident.

I developed a few small petchaie like marks on my skin. All have now gone except one.

I wear a very tight skirt for work that leaves marks around my side, I have it above the waist. Could this tightness affect my organs?

No, a tight skirt can't affect your organs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Does any of this worry you?

I have bad acne on my shoulders and back, but my dad has this too.

I have these unusual skin changes that I cannot put my finger on. Never had them before.

No, none of it worries me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Should I visit my GP?

What do you think about Hepatitis and unprotected sex?

Like I said I have had everything, apart from Hepatitis, should I test for this too?

Yes--have your doctor check things out
One can get hepatitis B or C from unprotected sex so you should be screened for those but I don't think you have hepatitis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know whether I have already had Hepatitis B vaccine as a baby.

But I am going to ring up tomorrow.

Could anything like Hepatitis, diabetes or blood disorders effect HIV Antibody production.

No, none of that would cause a false negative on an HIV screen.

Let me know how it goes for you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is there anything that would cause delayed seroconversion?

No there isn't
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for all your help today.

My pleasure Auriol