How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I am a male experiencing pain when urinating and have yellow

Customer Question

Hi I am a male experiencing pain when urinating and have yellow pus coming out too occasionally. I'm aware of the symptoms of STD's. I have an appointment at a GUM clinic on Wednesday but am very worried about what it may be. Do these symptoms only occur with an STD? I'm a gay male in a monogamous relationship.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.These symptoms do suggest the likelihood of a STD like gonorrhea.However, sometimes routine bacterial infection like E coli, can also cause similar symptoms.You do need antibiotic as soon as possible., as they are fully treatable.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile: