How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have lots of problems with excess wind and flatulance. I

Customer Question

I have lots of problems with excess wind and flatulance. I particularly suffer following a meal. I have recognise that I am unable to eat or drink anything containing milk or cheese and generally anything dairy. I suffer significant embarrassment and I then suffer diarrhoea in demonstrate my intolerant.
Can you help
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
Hellofirst of all, you might have a lactose intolerance.So you avoid dairy.I suggest you also have testing for gluten sensitivity.All routine labs, including those that test for liver and gallbladder function, should be done as well. Second, however, you should have had a colonoscopy at age 50 and actually at agee 60are due a second scope.This rules out problems such as polyps, inflammatory bowel and diverticulosis, all which would need attention if you have them. For now, avoid dairy.Leafy green veggies, such as collard, kale, etc, provide more than enough calcium.Dairy, in fact, is not a particularly great food as we age. Also, have your doctor refer you to a gastroenterologist for exam and colonoscopy if you have not had one.Please let me know if you have more information or questions.Please click a positive rating on the rating scale at the top of the answer page...this is how we are credited and paid, per positive rating and for bonuses.OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloI have not heard back from you.Are you having difficulties?Let me know, use reply to expert.Otherwise please click a positive rating.Come back as needed.Always demand dr. thomas