How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have being having pain in my testicle now since August. My

Customer Question

Hi I have being having pain in my testicle now since August.
My doctor prescribed my with medication on 2 occasions he mentioned
Epididymis as a possibility.
However since this the pain has come back.
Is this a sti I have?
I have had protected sex but unprotected oral with a sex worker
In Thailand.
What should I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Unprotected oral sex is a very low risk incident.However given your symptoms, infection is still possible.Epididymitis refers to the inflammation of the testicular attachment area.Besides STIs, routine urinary tract bacteria also can cause infection.You will need to start on oral antibiotics again after clinical evaluation.Please see your GP soon.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the smiley faces) under this chat box only.Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile: