How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49180
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

L have had an irritation just inside my rectum

This answer was rated:

l have had an irritation just inside my rectum for several months,
on checking there seem to be 3 small lumps, one of which is quite red.
They are not painful just the red one is itchy and irritating, don't really wish to visit a doctor, is there some form of medication or ointment from the chemist that would help.
Thank you.
This is Dr. David
it sounds like you have some inflammation of a hemorrhoid inside of your rectum.
it is always best to see a GP doctor for evaluation and examination.
you should work on softening your stool by eating more fiber, using metamucil, eating prunes, drinking more water, using Colace (docusate sodium) stool softeners to soften your stools so they don't irritate your hemorrhoids.
you can also use Preperation H and also 1% hydrocortisone cream which you can buy at the drug store to use on hemorrhoids to help calm down inflammation
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you