Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My doc says stop having bloods !!!!!! Gave me a rollicking

Hi chippy my doc says stop having bloods !!!!!! Gave me a rollicking said I'm healthy go away. !! He said 2.91 is 3. You run at 3 when there is no infection that's how you are !!! It could be 3.4 or 4.0 or 2.9 it's just a number. So I'm ok I feel fine ?
How many of us do you need to hear from before you get wise mate?I told you 0.1 is statistically insignificantYou're totally OK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your the main one mate to be honest he said he has many patience on 2.6. Athletes some of them and very old people who have had it for 30 years.
Heamoglobin is the one to watch he said. And mine is great he said ??
The one to watch?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said. Your heamoglobin is good platelets etc so your fine.
So what did he mean by watching your hemoglobin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said that mine is always good so there's no problem with the WBC. Like you did mate
OK. I agree--all the bone marrow indicators are fine mate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
He said it's a good marker for health.
And he said forget it your fine. He has it at 3.1 in 2010 and said it has gone up and down since then around 3 or 4 he said it's just a number the red cells haemoglobin is always 164. And if serious the wbc would be high with a low haemoglobin So my bone marrow immune is all good mate I said retest ? He said go away lol
I agree with the no retest but you don't have to go away from me Mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks mate anxiety sufferer like me need good docs like you
So the wbc and marrow are working fine. ??
By the way my collastrol and lipids are superb he said ??
All fine--for the twentieth time or whatever

Great numbers on the lipid panel too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Cheers ***** ***** you want to pop over we could have a game of snooker ?!
Take a raincheck mate. I assume that's something like billiards or were you referring to being ripped off?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes its gentlemans pool on a big table.
At last I feel relaxed thank you so all good I'm fine to get on now pal ?
Have a great evening.
Same to you mate--you're fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No headache for 4 days mate since I started worrying about wbc tells its own story ! As you said take mind off it the muscles relax Doc says retest in Feb on wbc but said you are fine. Hereditary low 2.5 to 5 is my range.
Sounds like you're doing fine Mark--what's more to say?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just like talking to you lool
No seriously il be in touch if worried ??
But I should now put this out of my mind no panicking about getting s cold !!!! ????
No need to panic about your immune system not being up to snuff mate.

Get back to me whenever you need me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To finish. Jan 4.0
March 3.6 June 3.58. Sept 3.1. Oct 4.05. Nov 2.91 that's all the wbc s this year all ok. ?
Cheers pal.
All OK--no problem at all
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks mate s I really can go off and relax this weekend for once ? In the knowledge WBC is naturally low but working fine. ?
Your white cells have always been fine mate
If you don't relax this weekend then I'll personally come there and cram your head into your snooker table so you'll have a REAL headache--not just these measely tension headaches
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Out of interest with the platelets and all the other marrow markers always so good on my cbc.
Is it purely genes that make it settle low ? And if so do we follow our grandparents or parents ?
It is somewhat genetic--just like cholesterol levels, blood pressure, etc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My grand parents lived all to over 97 my parents dad died at 60 of his job weapons research scientist mum 72 ovarian cancer. Both were never I'll until they died.
I have low blood pressure 90 over 60 and a 50 pulse very good heart lipids and colestrol has never gone over 5 and that s the good colestrol pushing it up.
Hard to tell I'm guessing ?
Pushing what up Mark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The end number the bad is always 2.3. The rest of the 5 is good colestrol. ,
Mate. I won't have a heart attack !! Lol.
The higher the HDL--the good cholesterol--the less effect an elevated LDL has
But your cholesterol numbers are great and you aren't going to have a heart attack
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Neither are you mate you'll live till 100 !!
My grandparents were Italian nan French. Others both Irish. Any links there to low WBC s ??
No links that I know of Mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But it's not an underlying illness ? Have a good weekend in sunny Florida
No--nothing sinister underneath

God save the Queen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
God save the queen ?
I'm a republican mate. !!
Socialist. Lol.
The numbers tell you that ?
Bonus in way. Pal
God save Bernie Sanders then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Jeremy Corbyn
Numbers say all clear pal ?
All clear--smooth sailing ahead
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just when I was relaxing I googled again !!!
Now my waiting for symptoms !! Which I don't have !! I'm never tired. And stuff like that.
Am I safe to wait til Feb for retest on the wbc mate like my doc says. ??
That demon is back again.
What exactly did you Google Mark?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Low wbc.
It said below range bone marrow issue. !
I'm not doing it again fed up with Google !!!!!!!!
I'm sure you know the old definition of insanity--doing the same thing time and again expecting different results

In your case, Googling from now on is insanity if you expect to get any comforting information that way--all you get is the differential diagnostic possibilities without a doctor's experience to separate the wheat from the chaff

I'm sure the retest in February will have your WBC over the 3.0 mark but as I and your doctor have told you so many times, you don't have a signficantly pathologically low white cell count
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's it I'm done.
Thanks pal. No more Google and I'm off to enjoy my 4 year old. Doc has suggested cbt but in the meantime get on enjoy life and am fit and well. ??
And to be honest mate the fact it rose 3 times this year even convinces me it's working. !!
Thanks for all your time I opologise for my anxiety.
Bonus on way speak soon.
I fully understand your anxiety mate so no problem at all and no apology needed
I'll bet you're one of those guys that comes up to the elevator door with someone already there and the button is lit and you still press the button thinking that'll make the cab arrive faster...

OOPS--I mean LIFT door!!!

Get on with life and enjoy the weekend friend
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am. Mate lol.
But from a medical point of view my bone marrow is good to go ???
Out of interest. The bone marrow makes the red cells as well and there fine. !!! I'm guessing it must be ok
Your bone marrow is fine mate
The marrow makes all the blood components--white cells, red cells and platelets
So if there's a major problem the numbers of all three of those would be way off and yours aren't
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess I got it at last !!! Can't just fail on one component don't make sense that's not logical.
Cheers pal
Have a good time this weekend mate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok pal I was in central London today popped in for a re test just a full blood count.
Wbc. 3.78.
Ilforward you the full report but I'm guessing I can now close the door the wbc is fine and works perfectly as you have always said
May I thank you for all your help on this it's been invaluable
My pleasure buddy

As you can see I was right about the WBC being higher this time around

No worries at all

Oh--and for the time being, you need to open a new page for any more discussions and it has to be in the Health category
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will. To send you the report she said mark it's gone up beyond normal so you have a perfect wbc it would not do that if a prob.
I agree mate--see you on a new page
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You have gone again ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mate how do I reach you ??

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I reach you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have posted dr chip only waiting on you pal
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't reach you paid twice
Mark--for the time being you need to post questions to me in the Health section of JA. Sorry to have to notify you like this
Mark--they did open this page again--you posted two questions to me in the Health category and I responded but you didn't--can't you see those pages?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The site is no working I replied. It locked me out 4 times !!!