How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

I am concerned that I may be a carrier kind

This answer was rated:

Hello. I am concerned that I may be a carrier for some kind of gastric virus which causes vomiting, diarrhea and headache / flu symptoms. Things have been very difficult in my life and as a result I have had several sexual partners recently. Two of them performed anylingus on me and then came down with bug about 2 days later. Is there anything I can or should do about this? Thanks
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
Have you been seen for this?
Any medications that you are on or used for this?
Please let me know.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not seen a doctor as I am non symtomatic. I take venlafaxine MR 300mg daily.
How many times a day do you vomit?
How many episodes of diarrhea do you have everyday?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you actually read what I have written? I am non symptomatic. It is sexual partners who have d&v.
Sorry about that.I thought you also have symptoms.Sorry, my mistake, I did not read carefully enough.It is VERY unlikely for you to be carrying a virus that is causing your partners to be infected and to cause them to have diarrhea and vomiting.You would have had symptoms yourself if that were the case.There is no such virus that one can carry (without being symptomatic) and cause vomiting and diarrhea among, other symptoms, in other people.However, having said that, I would still recommend that you should have a full STI (sexually transmitted infection) screen if you have not had that done already even though, there is no STI that could cause such symptoms.So I personally think that it may just be a coincidence rather than being related to yourself.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when you are done asking.Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for answer. Where is best place to get screened? Can gp do that or do I need to go to a sexual health clinic?
A GP can certainly do that along with a sexual health clinic.Any place that suits you would be okay.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options when you are done asking as that is the only way I am credited on here.Kind regards
Dr. SH and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you