How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have maxillary downswing puffiness and enlarged

This answer was rated:

Hello I have maxillary downswing facial puffiness and enlarged eyes. What would you recommend for this. My gp has refused me prednisone which is what an online doctor from here recommended. If you can help please can you tell me where I can get prescription online as gp are no help with this problem?
HelloWe do not treat or diagnose on this site.We answer questions.Prescription for what?You are not telling us a diagnosis.What is your diagnosis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have a diagnosis. The doctor I spoke to on here doctor chip recommended I try prednisone after I told him everything I've told you.
I would not recommend anything until you see a doctor for this.You would not know what you are treating.If it were an allergic reaction, a short course of prednisone would be OK.If it is autoimmune disease..but then a long term plan is needed.I suggest you see an internal medicine doctor. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. What is an autoimmune disease, if you don't mind me asking?
It is when the body reacts against itself.Examples: Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, mixed connective tissue disease etc.See an internal medicine doctor, unless this is getting worse, in which case go to the ER. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for help.