How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58756
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

It has been 18 months, or even more, that I feel more than

This answer was rated:

It has been 18 months, or even more, that I feel more than ever the sense that my body is split in half vertically. Half my head, half my chest, half my abdomen, legs and hands feel and respond a bit different. One hand is cold the other is warm. Half my head is buzzing, the other half is fine. One foot is warm the other is freezing. Especially my head, is the major problem, that drives me crazy. One side is more tense than the other. I thought at the beginning that I had an ear problem with headaches, brain fog, etc. I visited too many ENT's in Harley street, in the NHS and in my hometown Athens. They did not find any problems whatsoever. I also visited GP's and cardiologists to see if my blood circulatory system has a problem. They found nothing. I am so confused what all this might be. I even visited an psychologist and psychiatrist and they told me to relax and not stress. No evidence of any kind of what my problem really is. Anxiety has been part of my life since birth, as my parents tell me. I can never really ease out completely and I am a pretty happily brought up child and a happily working 26 year old architect. Nobody can find what my problem is, scientifically. Nobody made me do any brain scans or tests to see if my brain functions alright. Maybe there is a cyst in it, or there may be some over activity in my prefrontal cortex, or cerebellum and maybe no much activity in my medulla or in other parts of my brain. I may have ADD or ADHD, but nobody ever looked at my brain. Ever. I read so much biology to see what is going on. But all doctors seem to neglect biology of the brain (which is the major 'machine' for all neurological functions and hence feelings, emotions, actions and all psychiatric problems and even controls adrenal function, etc) and keep telling me to relax with yoga, vitamins, pills, etc. I am sure there is something which is NOT normal with my brain. I have always been uncomfortable with the way my feelings or even my whole life governs my body. I dance, I do gym, I do training all my life to burst my energy out. Only when I am dead off, I fall asleep. and again during my sleep my brain is very active, very busy, I can feel that. Something does not switch off. Anyway, the major issue I am concerned is my head. Half of it overactive, feeling like a blocked ear with some pain, like it will break. Many times feeling numb, sometimes feeling hot, sometimes feeling cold. Very tiring feelings that do not allow me to relax and enjoy life.
Thank you.
P.S. I live and work in London. I am 26 yrs old, female.
Please could you possibly give me the name of a reasonable, sensible neurologist who thinks and practices a bit further than usual doctors, and gives true realistic scientific answers. a neurologist who can think a bit "OUT of THE BOX". I would appreciate it so much. Thanks. My email is:***@******.***
Thanks for this questionNo doubt this is a strange issue However, I think an MRI is absolutely criticalYou need an MRI of the brain. There are various conditions where part of the brain is affected that can cause a condition where different parts of your body feel different or you develop a one sided neglect.I think without an MRI, no doctor can say nothing is wrong.
Dr. Phil, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your answer. I absolutely agree with you. Could you please therefore recommend someone who will see me and prescribe this to me as my local GP or any other doctor will not. I live in London.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since I have paid a further 24E, could I possibly ask you what else you have to tell me to do about my condition?
Have you heard of something like this before? What could it possibly be?
try a private neurologistI found these doctors
I am suspecting it is related to something like MSBut the disease is affecting a part of your brain that is causing these bizarre symptoms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the MRI going to help understand if this is MS? What other tests must be done?
yes, the MRI will diagnose MS.I would get blood work too.Get a thyroid test, blood counts, B12 and a comprehensive metabolic panel.If all of this is normal you might need a spinal tap.I am suspecting that the MRI will not be normal though
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You frighten me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me what is a spinal tap?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MS may be caused since birth?
they stick a needle into the spine to take out fluidno, not since birth
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will definitely visit one of your neurologists indeed. In the meantime, what will the spinal fluid show?
Also I have read in many scientific journals that Vit D deficiency and some other major amino acid deficiencies who make nerve cells grow may cause MS.
But since I am not a doctor and before we jump into the conclusion that I may have MS (which I must admit I never suspected, or even any other doctor), what else could it possibly be?
and also coming back to that, how the MRI will diagnose the MS condition? What will it show? will the MRI be for the whole body or only the brain?
I truly appreciate your answers.
sometimes the spinal fluid can show neurologic disease that an MRI might notIf it is not neurologica then it has to be mental in some way. Perhaps a lifetime of anxiety has taken its toll
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you indeed. I have to work on all this indeed.
Is it OK if I need another answer to come back to you another day? until when? is there a limit?
Sure you can. Within a reasonable amount of time like 2 weeks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THANK YOU. I hope the neurologist will prescribe me an MRI. If he does not, please can you do?
No I cannot. I'm sorry.