How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19332
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have a strange circular 'bruising' on my testicle, it's not

This answer was rated:

I have a strange circular 'bruising' on my testicle, it's not sure and I haven't 'banged' it. This mark has been there for approximately 4 months now, hasn't grown in size nor multiplied in number. Do you know what this could possibly be?
Hello from JustAnswer.
Are you having any other symptoms with this bruise?
Can you feel anything different under the skin compared to the opposite side?
Can you attach a close-up picture of the area of bruising or a high resolution image that allows for zooming in on the area?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No other symtoms
Can't feel anything different
Thank you very much.
It would be very unusual for a bruise to no linger for months, and the only reason would be if there were an underlying problem with the veins under teh skin, which would usually cause other symptom or something that can be felt under the skin.
From the appearance on the image and the persistence for months, it would be more worrisome for a fungal infection of the skin. The proof of a fungal infection would be a scraping of the lesion and examination under the microscope. However, it would be reasonable to first try an over the counter anti-fungal medicine, such as clotrimazole or terbinafine. If this clears up the area, then no further evaluation or treatment is necessary.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** actually had a fungal skin infection on my shin for the past 6 months. I have used creams and it's had some affect. This patch of skin now looks like this (see attached). I haven't been to see a doctor as yet as I am based in Saudi Arabia (ex-pat) and getting seen is often quite an episode.
While it is good that it is getting better slowly, it usually would get better faster than 6 months with an anti-fungal cream that is working well against the fungus. Since it is only getting slowly better, it would be reasonable to change to a different anti-fungal cream, and use the different anti-fungal cream for both areas.
Dr. D. Love and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you.I have recently switched to a more potent cream and purchased a strip of 10 very small tablets (both items in tandem from the Pharmacist). These appear to be working far better now.