How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19309
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

Very sore knee had xrays ,am from Romania can you advise

Customer Question

very sore knee had xrays ,am from Romania
can you advise me
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Do you know the findings of the x-rays?
Have you tried anything thus far for the soreness in the knees?
Are you taking any chronic medicines for any other medical problem?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.
The most common cause of soreness in the knees is because of degenerative changes in the knees, also called osteoarthritis. The x-rays may be completely normal, particularly in someone with mild disease, but as the disease progresses, it will usually be apparent on x-ray. There are actually many other types of arthritis, and the x-rays may show characteristic changes with these other types of arthritis.
There are a couple of home interventions that can be used to help with knee soreness. It may help to take acetaminophen/paracetamol, which may relieve pain, but has not anti-inflammatory action. An over the counter anti-inflammatory medicine, such as naproxen, also can be used. However, anti-inflammatory medicines may cause stomach upset, and some people with certain conditions and on certain medicines are advised to avoid the use of anti-inflammatory medicines, which is why I asked for that information. There also is an over the counter cream, capsaicin, that can be rubbed on the skin over the joint and gradually ease pain over several weeks.
There are several other options that can be considered when you see your doctor, although it will first be appropriate to make a proper diagnosis.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.