How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19325
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have a tight foreskin over the head of my penis is there

Customer Question

i have a tight foreskin over the head of my penis is there an easy op. for this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
If this is a problem that has only been present for a short period of time, then it may not need an operation. When it has been a problem of short duration, then it is commonly due to an infection, and treatment of the infection will typically ease the tightness.
However, if it has been a problem for a longer period of time, then an operation is typically necessary. The operation that is usually done is a circumcision. If the tightness is due to a limited band of fibrous/scar tissue, then it may be possible to do a simple surgery of incision of the fibrous bad, but this would only be an option in a limited number of cases. Either of these surgeries are relatively minor surgery. A circumcision in an adult is more involved than on a newborn, but it is still relatively minor surgery.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.