How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Ravoof Your Own Question
Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6074
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Ravoof is online now

My son's hospital consultant has just told us that

This answer was rated:

My son's hospital consultant has just told us that he would not need peadiatric endocrinology test for his retarded growth due to CKD. He said the hospital have their criteria for determining who does. He has stage 3b/4 CKD. He has also written to the GP that he does not require a referral to a specialist peadiatric endocrinologist. I feel he is taking control and blocking a need for at least second opinion.
How can i get past this without having to go oversees?
Dear customer, Thanks for your question. Basically your next step is to make a complaint to the NHS. Refer the below links which explain how you can do this: Also instead of going overseas you may do a private consultation with a paediatric endocrinologist. Refer the below link: Take care. Please rate the answer with an excellent five star rating. Thanks.
Dr. Ravoof and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you