How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

Im 55 and my partner is 37. i cant get a hard on when we are

Customer Question

im 55 and my partner is 37. i cant get a hard on when we are having sex. it come up and then go. please can you help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 2 years ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your concerns today.
I am sorry to hear about your problem.
This is something that commonly happens in people of your age.
However I would recommend that you should have your thyroid hormones and testosterone checked just to be sure there is nothing serious or anything to worry about.
After we are sure that your hormones are normal then you can use pills like viagra to help with erection.
If the testosterone levels are lower than normal then testosterone gel or injections may be required.
One other common cause is psychological i.e. your state of mind during sex is not what it should be which causes problems in having sex and you are not able to concentrate hard enough.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options.
Kindest regards