How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58756
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Some close friends think I have depression and that I need

This answer was rated:

Some close friends think I have depression and that I need to see a dr, I am unsure about going to see my regular as I have been seeing him since J was a kid, I'd rather it was a new dr and female, can I change Drs as easy as that, I'd just find it weird talking about specific things with my original dr
Yes, you can.Likely you are seeinga pediatrician at this point.So you can easily change to a family doctor or internist.If I were you, I would change to see an internist.I am an internist and I commonly get kids that are 18 or so that want to see an adult only doctor (which is what an internist is)
Dr. Phil, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So to do that I'd need to specifically ask for a internist ?
I was going to book a appointment today but only ended up ordering my repeat prescription.
Yes, you do
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay. However I have a few issues I need dealing with and I fear that the dr will think I am over complaining.
I don't think so. Just don't have too many issues at one time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's the thing, I do have a lot of issues I need seeing too. Possible ednos, possible depression and my fibromyalgia
Just start with the most important
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Which one would you consider most important professionally?
List all your issues