Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

Phil. XXXX here. My doc said a yeast rash gave me

Hi Phil.
XXXX here.
My doc said a yeast rash gave me daktarin cream. She said nothing at all serious from my running each morning so as usual you were spot on.
Now she said I need to book c b t as my anxiety over the WBC is way out of control.
She said I have all your blood results and they are all very good. For example your heamoglobin is always 162 and your platelets 160 to 190. And your iron 23
Your WBC is running 3 to 6. It goes up it goes down. At the moment it's 3.8 last time 4.05 before 3.1. In 2012 it was 3.1. Now it's 3.8. !!! She said my immune is great.
Should I now just let this go Phil ? I'm fine ? And enjoy Xmas it's doing my head in.
Hello Mark. Thanks for the kind words I totally agree with your doctor. Normal fluctuation in WBC with otherwise stellar health You should do the CBT And you should let this go. You are fine.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So I can really forget this now I'm normal. The immune is as good as anyone's ?
The other cause tell you that mate. ? Chippy said you have had 1 flu in 2 years and got over it easy and the fact it was 3.1. 4 years ago and 3.8 today means it's good. I'm really gonna give this a go mate and forget it. What convinces you it's all good ?
I agree with Chip. The fact that you don't have any significant illnessIf it were an issue, you would be getting sick more oftenPlus, I have many patients that have a low normal WBC like you and they are all fine. I see it all the time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
4.05 isn't really that low anyway mate. 3.6 is the average.
The platelets and the heamoglobin would have moved by now ?
Also. I'm guessing running 3 k a day and running a business would not be poss
You have seen my blood numbers for nearly two years now. That's how I need to think about this ?
It depends on the lab. My labs cutoff is a touch higher.Yes, the platelets and hemoglobin should be abnormal if there was a major bone marrow issueNo, that would not be possibleYes, plus the fact that you are healthy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've had a few colds over 4 years but heal up and get over them okOhhhhhh I had gastroentitus in August my only illness this year everyone had it and I got over it in 3 days !!!! That must be reassuring. ?I've been at 3.-6 over 4 or more years I e convinced myself with dr Google from h I v to leakemia ! It's been horribleI'm off for a glass of wine and for the last time mate I'm pathologically immune healthy ?
You are healthy as a horse my friend. Don't ever consult Dr. Google. He is a sick and twisted man
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Seriously fella. Between you and me I really can get on now my doc says no more blood work just get on. ?There would be other blood markers that you guys would see ? Dr David says the same. I'm fine. My lab is 3.0 to 10 so I'm always normal range just lowA report sent to me says 3.5 to 6 is better than 6-11. !! There's a thing.
I think they are equal. As long as they are normal. That is just how your body works.I wouldn't worry about it.I wouldn't do any more blood work.Your doctor sounds like a good doctor. I agree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Phil. If I don't need ya have a good XmasI need to live my life this WBC has been going on now for 2 years.
It's not fair on my family
I'm excepting your diagnosis I'm all good and my blood work tells you that. ???Out of interest how can labs vary ????
Yes, sir. You have a good Xmas too.Yes, just live your life and move on.your body is a fine tuned machine Mark but its not perfect.To ask your bone marrow to produce the exact same amount of cells year after year? come on now. It is amazing that it keeps it within a few thousand!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To end. My immune system is healthy. ?
Yes, it is healthy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Docs will worry when the blood work is way out of range and the diff is deranged that is what she said my diff is very good between the different parts of the WBC. ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So that's the end of it ?Speak soon mate
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relaxing. Now.
I'm fit and my immune is all normal.
I have plenty to fight anything off. ?Good night pal.
Good night.You are good my friend.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You know the sad thing Phil. I had convinced myself I was going to die anytime.
How far off is that I have booked the c b t.
Three docs have said I'm healthy. You my gp and my private doc. And chip.
I have to move on in the knowledge I'm safe and ok ?
Yes sir. You are going to die but not from this!We all are!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Now I'm worried !Hopefully with the numbers I could make 70 ??
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You see no reason that I shouldn't make the average age ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bonus on way then bed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You there my friend ?
Sorry msrk. You will make it past 70
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
lol that would be nice mate ------ im ok to roll ? see you soon
Absolutely you are fine. I'm 100% sure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok it's 2 am and I'm just finishing a design. So here's a thing.How about if I realise that in 2012 it was 3.1. Ok.4 years later last month it was 4.05. It wouldn't possibly do that if it wasn't working. It has gone up over 4 years it would be getting lower and lower unable to rise.I think that seals the door. Am I right mate ?
That is absolutely correct. It wouldn't go up if there was something seriously wrongIt would have also presented with some symptoms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Phil you there
I'm here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi mate.
I feel fine strong ran 5 k
Just had the I b s thing today. First day back in the office. !
Windy pains that move about all over the place. They don't stay in one place.
Relax ?? It's just the old friend ??No nausea no vomiting you know my blood work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Eating and drinking fine. Stools normal.
Yes, that does sound like classic IBS Are you doing simethicone and the FODMAP diet?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've took some wind ease. And I'm trying to keep a diary. First.But here's a thing mate. I eat healthy most of the time as I've lost 4 stone. A couple of years ago. As you know. I run each day.
If I get I b s. It lasts a while. But I don't have tension headache.If I get tension headache I don't get I b s.Also if I'm distracted playing a sport running I don't notice it.What causes the travelling windy pains ?
Generally it is a disruption in the gut nervous systemIt is like anxiety of the gut
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ohhhh. But nothing serious ?
Last time I had a bout of it in Feb.i asked them to do a full ct with contrast and the colonResults were all normal. I can't keep asking for c t. ! Lol.My bloods are also always good mate.
No, it's nothing seriousNo, CTs are bad. too much radiation
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But the ct results are reassuring ?
FYI. The liver was reported normal on that report. So I guess I can forget the fatty liver thing now ?
Also the ultrasound reported liver spleen and all other organs normal in March.Fed up with scans and blood tests mate.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So to relax. Mild wind pain that goes from the ospepegus to the pelvis and anywhere in between is the old friend.A serious thing would stay in one plCe and get worse ?
And hVe other symptoms ?
Is that how I should approach this in my mind ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bonus on way mate. Are you still there. By the way how does this phone call thing work ?
I'm here buddy. Sorry.what questions remain?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to confirm the last text I sent mate
Yes, I can confirm that. You are good my friend