Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have been feeling dizzy lightheaded weak tired and having

I have been feeling dizzy lightheaded weak tired and having heart palpations for the last week and it does t seem to be getting any better I have been drinking plenty of water and no alcohol I also have a healthy die st I just don't understand what's going on and I'm finding it hard with everyday activities when I keep getting dizzy and having yk sit down and wait for it to pass.
Thanks for this questionDo you have any medical issues?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No never had anything wrong with me
have you had any tests for this? blood work?thyroid?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had a thyroid test done a few years agos and everything was fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My doctors are open tomorrow but we never seem to be able to get an appointment when we really need one
I think that is where I would start.Checking blood workThyroid and anemia for startersThose issues are very common in your age group
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I die as anemic when I had my children just want to get back on track as it's dragging me down and I'm not garunteed to see my doctor anytime to soon.
You could take oral iron OTC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I also get really shaky and my fingers go all tingerly too
could that be anxiety related?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I started taking multivitamins and iron tablets but I thought it was though that were making me ill but since I have stopped taking them it doesn't seem to be making any difference
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have never had anxiety but how would I know if I have anxiety issues?
You would need testing to rule out other problems
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What do you advise I do until I can get in the doctors?
I would just try to de stress and manage your anxietyavoid tobacco, alcohol or caffeinestay hydrated.take the oral iron
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would you say its something urgent and too worry about?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The more I think about it and the things wrong with me the more it frightens me and then the symptoms seem to get worse
No, it doesn't sound particularly urgent to me
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great that puts my mind at ease a little bit. If I do have anxiety issues how would I know?
You would need to get tested for other stuff first.If everything is normal then it is anxietyOr, if you take an anxiety pill like xanax and get better
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Would the doctor need to prescribe the xanax or can I get that over the counter?I read a few sypmtoms about anxiety and it sounds very much like me I stress and worry about things all the symptoms are what I have I can't sleep because I worry so much
you need a doctor prescription
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How would you advise I destress and keep calm?
exercise? meditation?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks. Why would these problems occur now and not before?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had depression with my first child can it be something to do with that?
Would you mind accepting additional services?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I can't afford that
Okay no problem. How about a couple more questions here and we can wrap it up?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah great thanks why would these problems occur now and not before? I did have depression with my first child could it be something to do with that?
anxiety can come at any timeDepression and anxiety are closely linked so yes it could be related
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just hope I can get to my doctors and get it sorted so I can sleep and get on with my life again properly
I hope so too!Good luck to you :)I wish you the best.Please don't forget a positive rating as that is how I am credited for my work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
welcome :)