Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Starting on Xmas day and lasting 24 hours I had dizziness and

Starting on Xmas day and lasting 24 hours I had dizziness and vomited apparently from a partial blocked left ear. Now it has happened again but not so severely. Is this a mechanical problem or an infection of the inner ear?
Hello from JustAnswer.
Dizziness and vomiting can commonly be from an infection of the inner ear, but if there are findings of a partially blocked ear on exam, it is more likely that it is an infection of the middle ear.
It is possible to have a mechanical blockage of the ear that predisposes someone to recurrent infections, but we usually are not concerned about this possibility until there has been chronic or recurrent infections over a longer period of time.
Please let me know if I can provide any clarification.