How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19453
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I am English, I live in Indonesia, I need a TURBT. Can I come

This answer was rated:

I am English, I live in Indonesia, I need a TURBT. Can I come to England and have the op with the NHS ?
Hello from JustAnswer. It depends upon what you mean by the question. It is possible to have the surgery done by the NHS, but the NHS earlier this year changed the expectation of which ex-patriots are eligible for free care within the NHS, and it appears that individuals living in Indonesia would not be eligible for free NHS care. There are certain countries that have reciprocal agreements with the NHS, but Indonesia does not appear to be one of these countries. In some of the early discussions of these changes, there was comments that someone that had paid into the system when younger may be eligible for some benefits, but the changes that were announce earlier this year did not include any such benefits. Is this the information that you are seeking?Is there any other information that would be helpful?
I have not heard back whether there is any additional information that you are seeking, so I close the question for now. However, if you think of any further questions, you can certainly Reply to Expert and I will be glad to assist you.
Dr. D. Love and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you