Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.

On quite a few occasions just lately I have had a weird thing

On quite a few occasions just lately I have had a weird thing happening after falling asleep. It only happens, or at least I'm only aware of it happening, when I first go to sleep after turning out my light. After what I think is only minutes, rather than hours, I wake up taking a long breath in at the same time. Then I go back to sleep and I am not aware of it happening again the same night. What might be causing this?
Hi and thanks for the query.This usually happens in obstructive sleep apnea. You need to see your physician for this. A referral to the ENT should be made and a sleep study done to confirm the diagnosis.Let me know if you have further queries related to this.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.