How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48742
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have pain in my shoulder that started on 20th December, feels

This answer was rated:

I have pain in my shoulder that started on 20th December, feels like trapped wind, but on reflection I was in a car incident on 17th December, could this have anything to do with it? I have not associated the pain to the incident before!
This is Dr. David
yes, a car accident a few weeks ago most likely is causing your shoulder pain.
you should see a doctor and get a shoulder MRI scan and a chest xray
irritation of the diaphram sometimes can cause referred pain to the shoulder, so it is a good idea to get a chest xray or chest CT Scan as well.
where you checked out by a doctor after the car accident at the ER or emergency room?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pain hurts when I breathe or move suddenly and difficult to sleep comfortably.
then you should go to the hospital now or local accidents and emergency room to see a doctor right away.
and ask for a chest xray and shoulder xray and rib xrays.
pain when you breath can be a sign of fluid around your lungs or blood around your lungs from the car accident
or could be from a fractured rib
or a popped lung called pneumothorax.
you don't want to let this go.
you need to go right now.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using
Dr. David and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
do you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you doctor David, I took your advice and visited the Gp who diagnosed whiplash! Thank you for your help!