How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

My 86 year old husband who has got vascular dementia and alzheimers

This answer was rated:

My 86 year old husband who has got vascular dementia and alzheimers has had problems with his bladder and now says he has lost control and urine is going straight through. Is there anything I can do without having to go to A & E. Our surgery is closed for the weekend. Tel. no 01424 838395. e-mail***@******.*** Thanks
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Sorry to hear about the situation. Only thing you can do is to get adult diapers to prevent embarrassment in social situations. Self catheterization with straight cath is another good option but will likely require doctor's prescription first. Indwelling foley's catheter ill be a good intermediate solution till further evaluation. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:
Dr Basu and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you