How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.Amita Your Own Question
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2127
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.Faculty at a leading tertiary care teaching hospital.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr.Amita is online now

I have a skin coloured growth in my pubic region (pic

Customer Question

Hi - I have a skin coloured growth in my pubic region (pic attached) - I previously scratched it off circa 2 months ago (after having it for 4/5 months) it has returned.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Please attach a pic.It is not yet attached. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pic attached
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 2 years ago.
Thanks.It looks like Molluscum contagiosum .This is viral skin infection which involves the upper layer of skin.It is spread through contact with a person having the infection or from personal effects of an infected person like towels , clothes etc....It can also be spread through contact during sexual intercourse.It is self limiting in most people and can take up to 4 years to go away.It does not require any treatment except in a small group of people who may have cosmetic concerns, who have atopical dermatitis as there may be increased risk of secondary bacterial infection in these people and people who are concerned about spreading it sexually.In that case a dermatologist can currete or burn them with laser.