Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 18 weeks post partum, I've been experience pain in my

I am 18 weeks post partum, I've been experience pain in my lower right side for weeks, I have had scans done which show fluid in the Fallopian tube and a small cystic structure on my right ovary, I have been taking pain relief that does not help
Hi and thanks for the query,If your gynecologist could not find any reason for pain and you are experiencing it even after taking pain killers i would suggest you to visit pain physician as sometimes nerve or ligament injury during labor cause pain which might need nerve block or local steroid injection to reduce inflammation. Physiotherapy and warm compresses can help.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much
Please do leave a positive rating.Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will the fluid in my Fallopian tube disperse and could it be the fluid that's causing my pain
Yes it can be cause of pain if there is inflammation accompanied with it. Once inflammation settles down it would relief pain.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The tube is swollen aswell, how long does this normally take? I've been having this pain for 7 weeks ?
This should get settled in 2 to 3 weeks, discuss with your gynaecologist if it is not getting away so that cause of it can be diagnosed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your time today
You are welcome.