How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9517
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I'll try my best to describe my situation. Basically

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'll try my best to describe my situation. Basically - I'm a 24 year old Virgin. Addicted to pornography and I get a mental but not a physical arousal by women. (I'll want to touch them, kiss them but my penis won't react at all). Furthermore my erections are not consistent (sometimes hard as a rock able to masturbate continously several times without a break other times it doesn't get fully erect) same reactions in the morning, sometimes I won't have an erection in the morning at all while other times I'll find it hard to contain. I don't know how to normalise this situation or even if it's a physical or a mental issue or where to begin
Hi and thanks for the query.As long as you are having any erections, this is not erectile dysfunction and since you have not had sexual intercourse and failure of erection during sexual intercourse, this can not be labelled as any dysfunction at all at this point in time. Having an erection in the morning or during the time your sleep is known as Nocturnal Penile Tumescence and it is only present in a certain phase of the sleep cycle known as the REM sleep or the rapid eye movement sleep. If you are aroused in the morning during that cycle only then will you wake up with an erection, otherwise, not.I will suggest that you do not overthink on this situation and let me reassure you that what you are going through does not seem like a medical or a psychiatric condition from a medical point of view.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I try to have sex and I fail to get aroused in any way, is there any action I can take?
If that happens on a regular basis, not once or twice, but everytime or more than often, then, you need to see your physician for an evaluation and some tests. These tests include an ultrasound of the penile blood flow and nerve conduction studies to see if the nerve supply to the penis is compromised in anyway. Other than that, hormone levels are checked and a complete psychiatric evaluation is also necessitated.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry to be a pain, but just the last question - if I do get tested and the ultrasound or the nerve conduction show problems - is it usually treatable?
At your age, most of the conditions of this nature are completely curable.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Regards.
Dr Uzair and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you