Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician

I've had a pain in my stomach since Sunday night. It

I've had a pain in my stomach since Sunday night. It gets worse when I eat and it wakes me up when I'm sleeping. I went to the doctors yesterday and tried to find out if it was to do with some other medication I am taking. They couldn't be sure. I had a blood test but I was told I should just take paracetamol and eat lightly but I don't feel it getting any better. I've also tried the heartburn and indigestion tablets but don't really help. Is there anything I can do or should be doing or do I just need to wait for the blood test results?
This is Dr David
what medications are you taking?
what heart burn and indigestion tablets did you try?
you need to avoid alcohol and spicy foods, tomato sauces, oily and fried foods and large meals for now
stick to bland diet like toast, rice, chicken broth, bananas, etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am on Lamotrigine. I have been on it since October but in the past 2 weeks my right arm and leg have been going numb and tingling so I thought the stomach pain was because of the medicine as well.I tried gaviscon double action tablets.
lamotrigine is lamictal and is used to treat bipolar disorder. do you have bipoloar?
in some patients it can cause upset stomach side effects
gaviscon is a mild stomach antacid
you might need stronger medications like zantac (ranitidine) or prilosec (omeprazole) or both to help decrease stomach acid
these can be purchased at your local pharmacies
if these don't work, then you might need stronger prescription stomach acid blockers like Nexium or Protonix from your doctor
have you tried to change your diet so far to a more bland diet to avoid the things I mentioned above?
thanks for accepting additional services
my contact information is below in the USA
thanks for using
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yeah I have Bipolar.I will give those medicines a go.I haven't really had an appetite because it just makes me feel sick when I eat but I will stick to the foods above.Thanks!
you are welcome
I hope your stomach gets better.
don't stop the Lamictal medication
thanks for using