How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48826
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have prostrate enlargement and my doc has advised to attend

This answer was rated:

i have prostrate enlargement and my doc has advised to attend specialist who will prob suggest medical operation? should i go for it?
This is Dr. David
this depends on how large your prostate is, how bad your urinary symptoms are
and if you have tried conventional medications like proscar or avodart to shrink your prostate
medications like flomax and rapaflo and hytrin can help relax your bladder neck muscles to allow for easier urinary flow as well.
it doesn't sound like you have tried these yet.
Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you