Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Dr Phil . It was just my question above that I was

Hi Dr Phil . It was just my question above that I was wanting some advice on .
Many thanks .
Thanks I'm here. What is your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I mean to say if this object did get stuck and caused chronic inflammatio or fibrosis do you always know about this or can it be mild and underlying ? .
Yes, it can be mild and underlying. No issues are usually done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you . I think what my issue is , is that I feel so worried that this tag could of got stuck in her body somewhere and may stay there indefinitely without symptoms . Due to the articles that Dr Ravoof sent me on inflammation and foreign bodies I'm now concerned that this could cause cancer . Are you able to give me any in depth advice on this please.
Why don't you take her in for an xray?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took her to my GP who checked her over . I asked about an x Ray but she said this would not show up plastic anyway .
That is not correct.plastic will show up on an xray
there is about a 50/50 chance they will see ithttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4173203/
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you . If I except your offer above could you answer my question in depth for me .
you have to click that you accept
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have accepted the offer .
Thank you for the rating.I can tell you that I have patients that have ingested thousands of foreign bodies total in their lives and never had issues.Welders that ingest thousands of particles every day for dozens of years and they are fine.Do you really think that one little plastic tab will cause cancer when these guys are exposed to thousands of particles on a daily basis?I think the other expert is foolish and incorrect in scaring you so much.It is absolutely ridiculous.I'm 100% sure your kid is fine
I have treated thousands of patients for many years and NEVER seen one case of cancer related to a foreign object.I have treated hundreds of cases of cancer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you . When I questioned Dr ravoof on the articles he said it was a " theoretical risk "and that till date there is "no medical evidence " can I ask you what this theoretical risk would mean ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And your patients who had ingested thousands of foreign bodies . Were they retained in the body do you know and still there was no concern or cause of cancer ?
It means that inflammation can cause cancer and foreign bodies cause inflammation so theoretically foreign bodies can cause cancer.I can't accept that jump
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
May I ask why not. Just to help me understand it all ?
Because you can't prove anything by that logicThat is like saying that saying that plants are green and green is the color of money so plants are money Make ZERO sense
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Even with the two articles he sent me ?
I read them. They prove nothing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just don't get why I was sent them in the first place then as it's made me so worried about all this .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did you see this question Dr Phil
I think it is highly irresponsible of the other expert to make you worried like this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it won't let me send again but I was just asking about your patients with the foreign bodies . Were they retained and still didn't cause them to have cancer ?
yes, exactly
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so there's evidence of people with FB retained indefinatly Bd it won't cause cells to change ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was just thinking as well Dr Phil I know we can't predict the future but it worries me that research is forever continuing .is it likely that it may change that my scenario with my daughter could suddenly become a cancer risk with new research or is this unlikely due to established facts ?
Yes, there are people like that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you and Are you able to cmment on my last question .
Thanks for this questionLikely the antibiotics disrupted your normal gut bacteriaI think you need to take a probioticA good one is culturelle
sorry wrong customer
No it won't change over time
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you explain why to me if possible
because if I don't believe that it will cause cancer now then I don't believe it will 10 years from now
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok and in the long term even when she's an adult do you think this is unlikely to Change due to the facts we already know ?
correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thankyou . Dr may I ask you one last thing . How likely is this object to pass through her system ? And if it doesn't how likely is it to cause inflammation or fibrosis .
Very likely to passVery unlikely to cause fibrosis
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks and what about chronic inflammation ? Is there a likelihood of it causing that If it is retained ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Or any inflammation really .
Nope. won't happen you need to let this go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know I really do its just those articles have really scared Me . And the thought that there might be any chance of this causing her cells to cancer scares the hell out of me , especially when it would be my fault
you have to get over it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can this type of foreign body cause inflammation though ? I just want to try to understand why not and then I might be able to put it behind me .
No. I have already explained it many times
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok sorry could you just clarity to me why it won't cause this type of inflammation that causes cancer then . If I can understand that I might be able to let it go.
I already explained it many timesIf you want to continue you will have to open a new questionI'm not trying to be rude but I don't like repeating the same information over and over again.you can just as easily reread prior posts
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I am really sorry may I just summarise what I'm thinking from the information that you've given me and just let me know if I'm correct . All this reading of articles has made my mind confused.
sure go ahead
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok so basically this has been my concern that Dr Ravoof said this : "Any chronic inflammation may change the cells to abnormal cells and eventually to cancer cells."
But from what you've told me I'm hoping that this tag will of passed and that if it hasn't it's unlikely to cause inflammation and not the kind of inflammation that causes cancer .
Is that correct ?
bingo
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks and I realise your in America but if I asked a doctor over here would it still be the same train of thought ?
I would hope so!!!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I was just thinking because Dr Ravoof is saying such different stuff praps it varies or something . I'm in England by the way .
cheers ***** ***** the pond.Dr. Ravoof is wrong. Plain and simple
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks so much for your time you've been great . I'm a first time mum and as you can guess worry about everything !
I can see that. :)it gets easier with the next ones.you have to control your anxiety or you will make your child anxious just like you.You don't want that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No I know I'm really trying hard to not let it show with her and control it .
I've actually complained about Dr Ravoof as I had to pay £72 for the article on foreign bodies as I was so scared when he sent me the link to it . He said he can prove how FB cause cancer! So of course I paid it and scared myself even more .
72?!?!?!?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes that's what I paid to be able to read it ,
OMG. That is ridiculous
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I know I think he knew how scared I was and that I couldn't help but want to read it but it wasn't related to my case was it
I'm sorry you had to go through that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it was because I'd said after talking to my own GP she said basically as you have told me yourself so he said the article would settle any dispute about FB causing cancer
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still think it was wrong though for him to send that like you said it doesn't prove anything in my case does it .
I do think it was
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry wrong do you mean it you think it'd related
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry doctor Phil I forgot to ask you something ! I promise to leave you in peace then .
It's just doctor Ravoof said that if this darn tag caused chronic inflammation there would be definate symptoms by which I would be aware of to treat this issue before is caused cancer . But my doctor said there isn't always symptoms . May I just quickly as what your thoughts would be on this then I promise to go !
I don't think it would cause inflammation and i don't think there would be symptoms
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you mean even if there's this chronic inflammation it wouldn't always cause symptoms
yes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That is what really scares me with all of this as I keep thinking what if it did cause this inflammation that goes unoticed then it leads to cancer .
Let's open a new one if you need to