How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9880
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I have trouble walking pain in legs broken leg 1982 when in

Customer Question

I have trouble walking pain in legs broken leg 1982 when in army now 67
have to use stick can do 500yds,then rest
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.If this is a dull aching pain that starts when you walk a particular distance and then subsides when you stop and rest, then this is characteristic of claudication pain which is a symptom of vascular insufficiency. This is due to the arteries being narrowed down and not being able to supply the required amount of blood to the muscles at work which cause ischemia and pain in the legs. A physical examination, Ankle-Brachial Index and a doppler ultrasound can confirm the diagnosis. In the initial stages, the treatment is with medication while in severe forms vascular bypass procedures need to be done. Stenting and percutaneous interventions are also applied nowadays. The best course of action will be to see your PCP, get the initial series of tests done and if the diagnosis is confirmed, request a referral to the Vascular Surgeon for further evaluation and treatment.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Let me know if you have other queries about this.Best.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.