How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

60 year old male with BP 0f 160/102 should I seek help

This answer was rated:

60 year old male with BP 0f 160/102 should I seek help
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You have made good changes to your life style. BP is still running moderately high. If you do not have any chest pain, dizziness or any other symptoms, then you can wait to see your doctor for further evaluation. BP lowering medication can be started by your GP. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!This is the link to my profile:
Dr Basu and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the prompt reply, I have no chest pain (never had) no issues with stairs, cycling etc. but I do have issues with the side effects of the drugs perscribed in the uk what about natural options
Ok that is reassuring. Natural options like Grape seed extract, fish oil, Hawthorne extract have BP lowering properties but their efficacy is uncertain. Best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks will try them at my local health venu and keep on monitoring
very welcome