Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have just taken fluconazole 150mg in order to treat

Hello, I have just taken fluconazole 150mg in order to treat vaginal thrush. I didn't realise, but on the packet it said not to take it if trying to conceive. I am due to ovulate on Thursday/Friday/Saturday. Is it safe for me to try and conceive over the weekend? Will the medicine be out of my system by then?
Hi and thanks for the details.The biological half life of Fluconazole is approximately 30 hours on the average. So, a dose of 150 mg should be out of your system in 3 to 4 days. So, it should be safe for your to try to conceive over that period.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If not, how long do I need to wait before it's safe for me to try and conceive again? Thank you for you help.