Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858
Medical

I split my head open in 3 different places I let the wounds

heal. Now have constant niggling... Show More
heal. Now have constant niggling pain and itching. Sometimes painful to touch. Starting to worry now
Show Less
How did you injure your head? Did you lose consciousness?
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Domestic fight. Could feel three wounds to my head or masks of heavy clotting In 3 places. My pillow was covered in black blood when I woke up. But it's been 6 moths now.
I'm just a bit concerned something else might be going on? Hope this is in confidence?
Six months is plenty of time for scalp wounds to heal. If they are slow to heal this probably indicates an infection in the skin. This might require proper cleansing and a course of antibiotics. I would suggest you see your family doctor to get the proper care.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
. So the pain will dull in time to? As it has been getting worse that's why I'm getting anxious.
Yes, most wounds heal slowly within a couple weeks, possibly months if there are comlicating factors such as infection or ongoing bleeding or ongoing irritation. By six months, it is definitely wise to have the wonds examined by a doctor. Scalp wounds are particularly difficult for a person to see well and to monitor as you often cannot see them, even with a mirror.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.
Thanks i just didn't want to air my problems. All wounds were to the back and midway down of my head. But I should be ok?
You will be OK if you have the wounds examined and treated. You should let your doctor know about the circumstances that led to these wounds. He or she can help you to get the care and protection you need to stay free from further injury.