Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have tried four different statins from my Doctor and everyone

I have tried four different statins from my Doctor and everyone of them gives me very painful joint and muscle pain. Any suggestions as to how to lower my cholesterol?
Thank you for your question.What is your age and gender?What is the level of your bad cholesterol (LDL) and total cholesterol?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Can you please name all the statins that you have tried till now?What kind of doctor have you seen?Please let me know.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am 72 female
I am on athenanol 50 mg and Losartan 50mg for blood pressure
Unable to name statins I am not home last one Crestor 5mg
Private GP
Do you remember your total cholesterol level and your LDL level?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
5.5 bad one and good one acceptable
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have the results with me
It is only slightly on the higher side.
I do not think that you do require any statin for this or any medication for this.
I would recommend eating healthy and doing regular exercise and you should be okay.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.
Kindest regards