Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD

I have had fluid in my ear now & am constantly having

I have had fluid in my ear for ages now & am constantly having to clear it.i have been using a steroid nasal spray & it clears it for couple of mins but then its back there anything else i could try or what should i do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also would this condition make you dizzy?
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.That suggests you likely have eustachian tube blockage which connects middle ear to the throat.The fluid accumulates due to the inflammation but cannot drain due to tube blockage.Flonase helps to some extent but does not fix the main problem of blockage.Hence a ENT specialist should be considered for better evaluation.Ear drum tube can be inserted for better drainage.Yes chronic ear inflammation cause dizziness as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is flonase a nasal spray? Should it be available in the Uk?
Flonase is fluticasone --also available in UK.Best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also if a doctor can see ur notes that you are being treated for this with nasal spray could he refer you without seeing you again?
Yes that is a very good chance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great thanks for yr help today.fab service!def use again
Very welcome