How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49171
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have been suffering from severe abdominal pain on

This answer was rated:

I have been suffering from severe abdominal pain on and off for 2 years now. It starts as a burning pain in my stomach and shift to my mid right abdomen.
I have been in hospital 3 times with suspected appendicitis but it's not that. I am desperate to find out what is wrong as it is effecting my career and decisions to start a family. When it Clair's up I can not move due to the pain. It feels like I pice of glass in my side and if I move it will burst. I am suffering now but will not go to hospital as they just send me home again. This is the 6th episode in the last 2 years. Any ideas?
Thank you
This is Dr. David
if you have constipation or pass small hard stools, you could be having severe diverticulosis pain where small bits of hard stool or food get stuck in the wall of the bowel and cause severe abdominal pain. a colonosocpy can see diverticulosis in the wall of your bowels
if you have had prior abdominal surgery, you could have scar tissue in your abdomen called adhesions and these can knot up your small bowel and cause partial small bowel obstruction and cause severe pain and nausea and vomiting
right mid abdominal pain also could be due to passing small gall stones in your gall bladder. an ultrasound of your gall bladder can check for small gall stones which can be painful.
it doesn't sound like you have had an ultrasound of your gall bladder when you have been having these pains before.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using
Dr. David and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you