How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

There, I have a question regarding potential anxiety

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have a question regarding potential anxiety disorder. I have been a confident person my whole life - I used to do theatre and be centre of stage and I am currently a teacher whereby I never get anxious presenting to a classroom of teenager and young adults. However, over the past two years I have been experiencing heart race, sweaty palms and dizziness before and during a presentation to adults. This has resulted in throwing up and having to get fresh air. These, what I consider to be panic attacks, have developed over the course of the year in which nothing has drastically changed in my lifestyle. I am very sociable and confident in all other situations. However, this has stopped me from doing a lot of things - I have tried to ignore it and seek advice online but it doesn't seem to make much of a difference. I just presented a well researched and informative project but was unable to do it justice due to my nerves and ended up running out of the room! Please help!!
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.This is definitely debilitating for your life and professional career.Social anxiety disorder is a common condition --many people even the politicians, celebrities suffer from it at some point of their lives.THe problem can be addressed with CBT or ognitive behavioral therapy.A psychologist experienced in this condition shoudl be consulted with.There are effective medications as well to prevent the symptoms from appearing in public appearances.Propranolol is commonly used daily basis.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: