How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19328
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

Experiencing bad stinging pain when urineateing

Customer Question

experiencing bad stinging pain when urineateing
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. Stinging pain with urination is most often seen with an infection, although there are several types of infection that can be present. In someone that is sexualy active, the first concern is whether this is an infection of the tube that drains the bladder, called a urethritis, and there are two common sexually transmissible germs that can cause urethritis - gonorrhea and chlamydia. Chlamydia infections are more common and tend to have fewer associated symptoms, whereas gonorrhea will usually cause more severe pain and also more often cause a discharge from the penis. There also are some other germs that are not sexually transmitted and can infect the urethra or the prostate, which would be the most common cause in someone that is not sexually active, but still could be the cause in someone that is sexually active. At this point, the appropriate next step would be a visit to a doctor, who can perform an assessment for the various infections and start antibiotics, as appropriate. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If you desire my assistance with any future questions, I can be accessed directly via my profile at