How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Greetings, I am 83 and quite fit, gym 4 times a week. Full

Customer Question

Greetings, I am 83 and quite fit, gym 4 times a week. Full time houseman. I have lost my erection completely over the last 9 months. I am taking 100 mg Losartan Potassium and 20mg Lercanidipine Hydrochloride each morning. Can I recover it? Any ideas. Thank you Hubert.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Larcanidipine can cause erection problem as side effect.Hence this medication should be discontinued by your doctor if possible.Otherwise there are few options available without affecting your current medications.You can try penile vacuum pump to produce erection when needed.Alprostadil pellets are another option.Alprostadil improve blood flow to the penis and hence erection.It is inserted into the urethra 15 to 20 minutes before sexual intercourse to achieve desired effect.Next option, penile injection with alprostadil, papavarine and phentolamine to produce erection when needed.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloThis is a different expert and I have a different answer for you.I am a double board certified clinical doctor, Dr. Thomas.First, the cause of your ED must be identified by your doctor.Causes areCirculation problem in the penisDiabetesProstate diseaseMedicationAnxietyHigh blood pressure.High cholesterol.One should not simply treat, and one should not just assume this is your medication after 9 months on it. If this does not have a correctable cause, only THEN would you treat with a medication.Injections are possible.And as a last resort, implants, which have a high degree of satisfaction. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.