How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49156
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have been suffering with a do pains since end of November.i

This answer was rated:

I have been suffering with a do pains since end of November.i was sent Shrewsbury Royal as an emergency.iwere told its only adhesions there's nothing we can do and sent home.ive seen various gps.Still got no answers.just keep taking oramorph.What can I do or who may I see to get sorted it is soo painful.
thank you in anticipation.
This is Dr. David
I am sorry you are having such bad abdominal adhesion pains.
if you have had many prior abdominal surgeries, this can cause a lot of scar tissue and adhesions and this can cause partial small bowel obstruction and pains in your abdomen and vomiting.
oramorph can cause more constipation in your bowels and more pain as well
you should see a surgeon to see if a surgery called lysis of adhesions can help cut out some scar tissue in your abdomen and decrease your abdominal pains.
abdominal surgery can always lead to more scar tissue and adhesions in your abdomen. but sometimes it can cut out some of the scar tissue and help your bowels work better and slide easier.
have you seen a surgeon so far? ask your GP doctor to refer you to see an abdominal surgeon to talk about surgery called lysis of adhesions.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
Thanks for using
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much but I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall