How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I had an MR I on my left foot 2 weeks ago and it showed up

Customer Question

I had an MR I on my left foot 2 weeks ago and it showed up as a plantar Fibromatosis which is most uncomfortable is their any medication you would recommend please? My name is*****
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You can try over the counter Naproxen 1-2 tablets twice daily with food to control pain.Plantar fibromatosis is caused by a strain of the ligaments in an area of the foot called the plantar fascia. The fascia (pronounced FASH-uh) is a thick, pearly white tissue with long fibers that starts at the heel bone and fans out along the under surface of the foot to the toes. The fascia provides support as the toes bear the body's weight when the heel rises during walking.Effective treatments include the following:Rest — Limiting athletic activities and getting extra rest can help to reduce symptoms. Excessive and repetitive heel impact from jumping, walking, and use of a trampoline should be avoided. A complete lack of physical activity, though, can lead to stiffening and a return of pain, and is not recommended.Icing — Applying ice to the area, for example, for 20 minutes up to four times daily, may relieve pain. Ice and massage may also be used before exercise.Exercise — Exercise may be helpful.Please follow these exercises shown in the link below: footwear — Athletic shoes, arch supporting shoes (particularly those with an extra-long counter, which is the firm part of the shoe that surrounds the heel), or shoes with rigid shanks (usually a metal insert in the sole of the shoe) may be helpful. Cushion-soled shoes with gel pad inserts or heel cups may provide temporary pain relief. Silicone inserts have been found to provide better support than felt pads or rubber heel cups.Dr Scholl's is a good brand.Please also consult with a podiatrist.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile: