How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Norm S. Your Own Question
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 11298
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Norm S. is online now

I have big problem with my period . My period became really

This answer was rated:

i have big problem with my period . My period became really long and not regular.I had got 40 day of period in December and after ask to remove the coil a nd after day myperiod rest for 15 day and start again for a week and start again after ten day.
We i went to remove the coil i the Nurse give to me a tablets call Zelleta.
I'm scare what i have to do ? I 'm looking for a private Gynecologist near Richmond for fix a visit.Can you please help me
It sounds like it would be a good idea to see a private gynecologist.Your prolonged bleeding is likely due to hormonal changes, which are fairly common at age 35. If that's true, then progesterone pills will usually solve the problem. However, it's needed to take the progesterone in sufficient doses for 7-10 days and then stop, which will allow the built up uterine lining to clean out, and then the bleeding will stop.Zelleta is a low dose progesterone birth control pill. It's too low dose to do the job, and you will likely continue to bleed off and on for a long time.The Zelleta will work for birth control for you, but won't likely control the bleeding.Seeing a gynecologist will help to get the bleeding resolved. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you your answer make me feeling better But can you suggest to me a good doctor for sort this problem out .?
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with doctor in Great Britain. I think any gynecologist would be able to help you.
Dr. Norm S. and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for your payment and rating.