DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.

I started on microgynon 3 weeks ago and past week i

I started on microgynon 3 weeks ago and for the past week i have become suddenly constipated, this is new for me and I am worried as i have been suffering with tummy pains, nausea etc. for the past two years. could it be caused by the pill or should i be worrying about bowel cancer? i am 29 years old
HelloAny hormonal shift can temporarily contribute to constipation.No, not bowel cancer at age 29.Beyond age 50, you get screened, but not now. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay so I shouldn't be concerned about the abdominal symptoms that I have had for over two years and now this change in bowel habit?
You should have a diagnoses from your doctor, which could be irritable bowel syndrome, most likelybad dietstomach problems such as gastritisgall bladder problemsother problemyou need a hands on diagnosis and it's not about cancer