How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48738
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

I have a couple of pink lumps just inside my vagina...they

This answer was rated:

I have a couple of pink lumps just inside my vagina...they sting when I pass urine
This is Dr. Davidat your age, many women have vaginal atrophy from lack of estrogen in their bodies which can cause vaginal dryness and this can cause burning when urine is passed.vaginal atrophy can also cause itching and burning as wellthat is good you are not having any vaginal fungal or thrush infection.are you taking estrogen replacement hormone therapy?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Many years ago because I had a hysterectomy at 42. The rash has been a problem for a while but actual lumps are a worry . I call them nodules because I think that describes them better
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ive just read that again and didn't make myself too clear . I was on hrt for about ten years but was a little worried because my mother died of breast cancer so I stopped it. I am not aware I suffer from any kind of vaginal dryness ( not sexually active ) but have been unable to resolve the itchiness other than trying every remedy under the sun for thrush / vaginitis conditions.
it can be normal for there to be some vaginal rugae and lumps and bumps in the vaginal lining and vaginal wall. did the over the counter vaginal thrush treatments help the itchiness?it sounds like you are worried about having vaginal cancer in those lumps.vaginal cancer would be unlikely and would tend to bleed and get larger and larger over timeI am a cancer doctor who treats vaginal cancer can always see your GP doctor for a gyn exam.but I suspect that your vaginal lumps are most likely not vaginal cancer.let me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
none of the treatments helped the itchiness at all but if I had been suffering from either of those conditions they would have responded in some way but nothing helped much other than being very very careful about regular washing in aqueous cream and only putting cotton next to my skin and just putting up with flare ups. I am not really worried about vaginal cancer but naturally I would like to know what is going on . At the moment visiting my doctor is a bit difficult as my local surgery has lost both female doctors and I have only a rather distant indian doctor who I am not too comfortable with ( are you based in the uk?) I cannot just go to another surgery with this problem .
a gyn exam is really not considered surgery. it can be done in the office without anesthesia.well, you could have vaginal atrophy which can cause vaginal itching. this can be helped by vaginal estrogen creams which are prescription from your doctor and can help over time. it can be difficult to know what those lumps are over the internet without being able to see them or examine you.I can say it can be normal for there to be some bumps and lumps called vaginal rugae in the vaginal canal. they are usually soft and stable and don't get larger over time.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again: for using
Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you