How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

My name is ***** ***** i am a 48 yr old male with swolen g

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i am a 48 yr old male with swolen glands
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HIYou need an exam.Swollen glands can be from a simply viral infectionThey can be from bacterial infection.They can be from autoimmune disease.They can be from worse diseases such as lymphoma.You need an exam and testing to find out.You should be seeing an internal medicine doctor/some GPs are internal medicine.If not, see your regular GP and find out what he/she thinks, and then ask for a referral to either an infectious disease doctor, rheumatologist, or hematologist, depending on what the findings are. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome any time.Please click a positive at the top of the answer page: we are only paid per positive rating and for bonuses, and additional service offers accepted.