Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a dark red burn on my armpit from spraying deodorant

I have a dark red burn on my armpit from spraying deodorant too long it doesn't hurt but it looks very severe is it serious ?
I would appreciate it if you could attach a picture or two so that I can help you out in a better way.Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's quite small but very dark sorry about the quality
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I sprayed it for maybe about 3 or 4 seconds longer than usual I was suprised by it because I didn't feel any pain
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And it's extra strong deodarent but not prescription
Thank you for the additional information.I think that this should be fine in due course of time.Meanwhile you can try applying over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone two to three times a day for 3-5 days.It will heal up in due course of time.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It really won't scar at all? Will it heal without the hydrocortisone? Thank you for responding so quickly
Yes will likely heal without scarring and without hydrocortisone.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards