How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 29282
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now

I have what could either be a ward or some other kind of

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have what could either be a ward or some other kind of fleshy nodule at the base of my penis. I need it diagnosed and an idea of how to treat it. I don't really have time to get to the GP or a clinic to check
Hi there,Can you upload a pic here for accurate diagnosis?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
See attached - also obviously I meant wart, not ward!thanks,
Yes this is a genital wart.Better removed by your doctor by cryotherapy ( liquid nitrogen freezing).This can also be excised with hemostatic agent.Over the counter measures are not that effective.Salicylic acid 12% solution may be tried daily to remove the wart. Best wishes
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks. So do I need to find time to go to a clinic or can I get this from my GP? What's the best and quickest course of action? If I can't find time to do this, what is the best over the counter treatment I can try?
You can see your GP for liquid nitrogen freezing or even clipping out.You can use salicylic acid solution 12% in the meantime but only on the wart not on normal skin area.Best wishes
Dr Basu and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thank you
Very welcome