How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I had gall stone related pancreatitis three years ago. Four

Customer Question

I had gall stone related pancreatitis three years ago. Four months ago, I started getting pain under my ribs on both sides intermittently. It is sometimes affected by eating but not always. I have a lot of wind(both ends) and sometimes I have to sit up at night to burp. I have had urine and a blood test (both are fine)
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
HelloWith this history, you could have recurrent stones.Blood tests are useless, you would need a scan called an MRCP to see if this is the case.The other choice is a scope to the stomach with a dye test called an ERCP, which is more invasive.In addition, colon problems and stomach problems can cause pain like this.I suggest your GP refer you to a gastroenterologist at this point. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.