Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have marks on my penis head. They do not itch, do not burn.

I have marks on my penis head. They do not itch, do not burn. However when i touch them, they are more sensitive than the area around it.
Hi and thanks for the query.How long have you had these for? Can you send a picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has recently developed. Its been 3 days. I am sending you the pictures.
Alright.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr. give me 2 minutes i am transfering the pictures
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here you go.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are not burning, or itching. However on touch, they are more sensitive compared to other areas.
Hi and thanks for the query.These look like fordyce spots which are benign and do not require any treatment. Even by your description they are not similar in symptoms to a fungal infection or any STDs.STDs like herpes present with sores that are weeping and hurt. Fungal lesions itch.I would suggest that you keep the area moisturized and clean.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
But doctor they developed recently. Would it go with time ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They seem to be more sensitive on touch.
Have you had a recent sexual encounter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes i did. Before these came up.. We have had sex before. This is the first time.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes i did, right before these came up*
Okay, do you use protection?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
We do . Last time we didn't.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yesterday i had more red spots but they reduced. Can i apply normal skin cream to keep the area moisturised ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have pearly papulus around the edge of my penis. Are these spots related to them ?
Okay. At the moment, these do not seem to look like anything that should concerning. However, since these developed recently, they can be due to a mild allergic reaction or a fungal infection.Refrain from sexual intercourse for a few days and observe them. Apply bacitracin ointment on them to keep them moisturized, clean and under antibiotic cover. These are not related to the pearly papulus. If they do not improve within the next 5 days or develop itchiness and white edges, then fungal infection is suspected and an antifungal ointment along with a visit to your doctor will be warranted.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Alright thank you doctor !
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Last question can you name a few ointment i could go get from boots or so ..
My pleasure.Bacitracin ointment - you can get it from Boots, ask the pharmacist for assistance.Please rate the answer by using the star system on the top corner of your screen.Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr. it has started to develop white spots all around once i stopped my antibiotic. its on my foreskin as well as in the penis head.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
and i think its responsible for an unpleasant odour.
This needs to be seen by your doctor.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think it balantis. Fungal infection
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can show you recent picture. I havent used any medication on it to see how it develops..
Okay - send the pictures please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does not itch however it does feel irritating at times. No discharge. Unpleasant odour.
Hi and thanks for the query.This does look like a fungal infection.I would suggest that you see your PCP for an antifungal ointment and oral antifungals as well.Keep the area dry and clean.Regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi doctorI am using 2% miconazole. I started on this week on tuesday. 2 times a day. My infection has cleared up. Should i follow a 7 day course ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
However, i am not taking the tablet. Is it fine ? Can the fungus grow in urethra ? I have no discomfort while urinating.I am comfortable at the moment. The symptoms have subsided completely.Is it fine if i not take the tablet ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for all your guidance. Was really helpful
Yes, no use taking the tablet. Complete the 7 day course of the topical anti fungal.Best.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have slight pain (burning kinda) whenever there is erection, is that normal ? the areas are still healing i assume ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, how would i know that its been healed after 7 days ? . I was reading that it can re occur again if not fully eradicated ?I am sorry i have lot of questions. Its the first time i have got something of this sort
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
These are my last questions. It would be kind if you could answer these.
yes slight burning is normal and symptoms would improve after complete healing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Doctor, Sorry to bother you again. I am really worried about these. I have developed these patches..I am done with 7 day course.My fungal is gone. They seem like patches that previously had infection on them ? Could you please tell me what these are ? Are they still healing ?
How long would they take to heal ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seems like my skins peeled of from there. No itching. Just burning sensation on touch same as when skin gets peeled off. No signs of any fungal symptoms i assume ?So, is this normal ? Doctor, could you please kindly have a look and let me know..This would be my last question and I can be in peace of mind.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was fine day to day before. It was a smaller patch before and , It happened after i masturbated yesterday. Does the skin take time to heal ?Sorry, I am kinda panicking.
Skin takes at least 5 to 7 days to heal.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again doctor.There was a thin film on my penis. Today while taking shower, while cleaning it, the top thin layer came off. I am not sure if its good thing or bad thing. I rubbed the thin layer off my penis. It seems normal now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I had stopped putting the medication after 7 day however, I put it today, once i came out of the shower just to be safe.