How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19314
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

I have redness and soreness on the tip of my foreskin which

Customer Question

I have redness and soreness on the tip of my foreskin which makes it sore and very tight.
My hygiene is good, no change in sex partners. Is there anything I can buy over the counter to help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. Redness and soreness on the tip of the foreskin is usually related to an infection of the skin, which is most often a fungal infection, although a bacterial infection can also occur. There is an over the counter anti-fungal cream, clotrimazole, that is typically effective against the type of fungal infection affecting the foreskin, so is likely to help the most common cause of the redness and soreness. It is also reasonable to continue the moist heat, such as soaking in warm salty water, which can be soothing, ease inflammation, and promote healing. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance. If I can assist you with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at